Sunday, May 3, 2015

Another miracle I am about to receive.....

It's been a whirlwind! I haven't had time to process my thoughts until this week. With my last implant, it seemed like it was a long wait to get insurance approval. Almost six months. This time it only took two weeks for approval! And now, I am scheduled for surgery on May 7th.  At first, I was like, woah.....let's slow down! Last time, I had much more time to process my thoughts while waiting which at times led me to feel more anxious. I feel very much at peace this time around. I've had several discussions with my audiologist and surgeon about going bilateral. I feel very good about my decision. I have complete trust in Dr. Turner and he is an excellent surgeon. I am very happy he is doing my surgery again.  The butterflies in my stomach have started as I realized I am just days away! I am feeling excited about being able to hear out of both ears. Very excited. During my quiet moments when I reflect on my daily thoughts, I am always grateful for the gift of hearing. Words cannot even begin to express my gratitude. I love hearing all of the beautiful sounds in this world and hearing SO MUCH MORE. I am ready to do it again. I know I have a lot of work ahead of me but I feel like I will be better prepared with my second implant. I will know what to expect during the process of training my ear and brain. Plus, I have the best support system....my family! I couldn't have done it without them the first time and I am thankful they are excited to do it with me again. Ahhhh....it's almost here! I am so grateful God knows my heart and He is able to do more than I could ever imagine ~Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment